Tips to Reducing the Running Costs of your Air Conditioner
You’ve all heard the buzz of going green and energy saving. The green movement seems to have taken over the world, inspiring ordinary, environmentally conscious people. There are a variety of explanations for why you should consider reducing energy consumption.
Reducing energy usage reduces the amount of environmentally sustainable carbon emissions. Carbon emissions have a significant role to play in climate change, which in recent years is known to be the source of intense natural disasters.
That is why saving energy should become a part of our lifestyle, especially at home. Your air conditioner is, in all probability, the primary appliance that causes your electric bill to rise. You are accustomed to high energy bills and see this as perfectly normal – how can you help reduce your power bill?
Below are some of the top energy-saving tips for air conditioners, which could lead to a reduced tab of utilities by the end of the month.
- Have curtains in your room. You may want to limit cold air escaping and let the heat come in. Therefore, drawing the curtains on hot and humid days is suggested. Not only will it help you to keep the warm air out, but it will also allow your air conditioning unit to function at a steady rate. Moreover, your home won’t be exposed to temperature changes, either. And to you, it’ll be a win-win scenario!
- Have a ceiling fan. Hot air circulates in the house via ceiling fans, and that means your air conditioner doesn’t have to work as hard to pump cold air into the room. The improved circulation of air will also allow you to set your thermostat four degrees higher without decreasing comfort. Ceiling fans use less power, so they help the machine do its job better.
- Use built-in energy-saving programmers and features. It’s the best time to start using your unit’s energy-efficient settings that you never used before. This way, it will allow your air conditioner to function efficiently and prevent increased energy consumption. If you’re looking to bring a new unit home, then it’s suggested to go to the market’s best inverter. Choosing an air conditioner inverter would allow you to reduce power bills by as much as 20-25 percent compared to a traditional model.
- Set the right and optimal temperature. Set the temperature of the unit to about 24 degrees Celsius. This will make your environment more comfortable while saving energy consumption and cost. Remember, every time you reduce the temperature by one degree, the Air Conditioner will use approximately 5% more power.
- Have your unit cleaned by a professional. Choose the best cleaning and sanitizing company that will provide a thorough clean of your air conditioning unit. When you schedule a cleaning and sanitizing appointment with a HydroKleen trained technician, your AC will be inspected, cleaned, and sanitized to ensure that it operates at optimum levels and that there are no underlying problems. Microbial pollutants are removed and you will Breathe Healthy Air™. It’s an easy way to safeguard your investment and the comfort of your home, all with one simple step.
HydroKleen is the world leader in the cleaning and sanitization of air conditioning units. We invented the wet wash system and have been helping customers all over the world Breathe Healthy Air™ for over ten years. HydroKleen Technicians clean air conditioners to the highest of standards using cleaning equipment that is purposely built to clean air conditioning systems.
HydroKleen cleaning agents have passed rigorous testing from National Asthma Council Australia, and we’re proud to be the exclusive air conditioning cleaning partner of the Sensitive Choice program. Our 9-point industry-leading guarantee gives our customers peace of mind – No Mess, No Fuss, On Time!
If you would like to join the leaders in the industry and start your HydroKleen journey, please contact email@example.com or call 07 5597 7749 for more information on the HydroKleen business system.